Friday, June 5, 2009

I was never a into sciences and math in school, I hated it. I just did not get it but out of all sciences I enjoyed was Biology,i.e Zoology, Botany and Agriculture. I always got very high marks for them. When it came to math I just could not wrap my head around it and I totally gave up on it. My favorite subjects were English, English Literature, History, Geography stuff that was more in the Arts and Social Sciences. I honestly did not know what I wanted to be when I was in school. I was a confused school child back then, and I was under so much pressure to attain more than what my parents have accomplished.

In my head at that time was I have to do medicine or something in the sciences and I clearly knew I was not good at it. At home Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Engineers, Architects jobs like these are the most soughted jobs and they give you status, for some reason that I am trying to understand is why other professions like sociology, artists,psychology are not a big thing and they are jobs that are looked down on.

No comments:

Post a Comment